How to Start a Program
Are you a yoga teacher or health care provider who would like to bring trauma-sensitive yoga to a local Veterans’ Administration program or a similar institution?
For inspiration, please read: Yoga: How We Serve: Give back Yoga Foundation.
Watch a 3 minute Veteran testimonial on Yoga for Pain.
- A 10 minute video (click here) on the steps GreenTREE Yoga used to bring David Emerson’s trauma-sensitive program (The Trauma Justice Institute) to the Salt Lake City Veterans’ Administration. Contact Yael Calhoun at email@example.com or 801-656-7885 for the free link.
- Journaling Ideas. Journal Template Journal Prompts: Quotes and Pictures
- Please use the materials we have developed for the pilot veterans’ trauma-sensitive program, materials which allowed us to develop and then to document the success of our program. Contact Yael with any questions -- I would love to help you in any way I can.
- 1. Evaluation template: Data will help you keep your program going. Invite Vets to complete the evaluation after each class (it helps to serve a baked good too!). It gives them a voice, and it gives you valuable information on how to serve your group. No names necessary. Invite them to answer only what they feel is relevant. If you would like a ppt format, please email Yael. PDF
- 2. Sample proposal to the VA. This proposal got us funded for four years in a row at the Salt Lake VA. I hope it is a useful guide for you. PDF