Autism and Special Needs
Why is yoga a great tool for children on the spectrum and with other special needs -- and their caregivers?
Yoga offers specific healthcare benefits to children with autism and other challenges. Simple yoga stretches and breathing techniques are expected to improve:
- Body awareness
- Stress management techniques -- learning the cues of stress so they can self-regulate
- Coordination and balance
- Social interaction
- Physical strength
Yoga. Yoga is a perfect fit for the healthcare needs of this population -- physical, social, and emotional. Yoga can incorporate deep pressure, repetition, relaxation, body awareness, visual cues, and visualization. Very simply, yoga is a good fit because it's intuitive and fun -- kids love yoga. And that provides a wonderful starting point from which to offer its healing benefits.
- Our CD kit for kids with special needs, CLICK HERE
- Our Art and Yoga Curriculum for kids with special needs, CLICK HERE
- Our local Salt Lake City classes, visit our calendar.
- Resources visit the resources page.
- Compassion fatigue training for the caregivers (teachers, parents, clinicians) of special needs individuals, CLICK HERE